Mojo Chicken Tacos
For the Tacos
2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 1/2 cups of Goya mojo marinade
1 pack of corn tortillas
1 cup of chopped cilantro
3 chopped roma tomatos
1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
1 avocado sliced
1 1/2 cups of queso fresco cheese crumbled
Sriracha sour cream (recipe below )
Chipotle-Lime vinaigrette ( recipe below)
Lime for garnish
- For an hour or up to a day before, marinade the chicken thighs in the mojo. Heat a large sized stock pot, pressure cooker or lid-ed sauce pan on medium-high heat. Add the chicken with the marinade and cook for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is tender and easy to shred with a fork. By this time, the liquid should be cooked down as well.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, place however many tortillas you want to make on a piece of foil and place in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- 1 a medium bowl, mix the chopped Roma tomatoes, cilantro and red onion
- To assemble the tacos, start with adding the chicken. Drizzle a little of the chipotle lime vinaigrette on top of the chicken, add a slice of avocado. Sprinkle the tomato mix then cheese on. Lastly, drizzle the Sriracha sour cream over the top and serve!
For the Sriracha Sour Cream
1 cup of Sour Cream
1 Tb of Sriracha
– In a medium sized bowl, combine the Sour Cream and Sriracha. Mix well.
For the Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette
- 3 TB of Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tb of fresh lime juice
- 2 Tb of honey
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce
- 2 gloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
– In a blender, add the red wine vinegar, lime juice, honey, chipotle pepper, garlic, salt & pepper. Blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth. With the blender going pour the olive oil through the top. Add the cilantro and blend for another 30 seconds or until flakes of cilantro can be seen