These pesto spinach pasta bowls are the perfect go to dish for days when you’d like something quick, light and delicious. I took some ziti pasta and tossed it in a garlic sherry wine reduction. Added some smooth, creamy mascarpone cheese and pesto, then loaded it with Chicken Sausage, Spinach, Red Peppers, Mushrooms & Asparagus. Lastly, I topped it with some fresh grated parmesan cheese and basil leaves. In less than 30 minutes I was able to deliver this flavorful dish of awesomeness! Hope you guys love this recipe as much as my family and I did!
Pesto Spinach Pasta Bowls
1 lb. Ground Italian Chicken Sausage
1 lb. Box of Ziti Pasta
1 cup Sliced Mushrooms
1/2 Red Pepper, julienned sliced
1 Cup of fresh spinach leaves
1 Cup Basil Pesto
10 Asparagus Sticks, cut in half
2 cloves of Garlic, minced
8 0z Mascarpone Cheese
1 Tb unsalted Butter
1/2 cup Sherry Cooking Wine
1/4 cup of Fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cook Pasta according to package directions
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan.
- In the same pan, Add the chicken Sausage and cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Add the red peppers, cook for about 1 minute, add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds, stirring with a spoon the whole time.
- Add the Sherry wine and let reduce by half, about 2-5 mins.
- Toss in the pasta.
- Stir in the Mascarpone Cheese, when melted and covers the pasta add the pesto. When adding the pesto make sure it’s being mixed well into the pasta.
- Add the cooked chicken sausage, mushrooms, asparagus and spinach. Let Cook for about a minute or until the spinach is wilted.
- Top with fresh Basil and grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Serve and Enjoy.