Thanksgiving is my family’s favorite Holiday. It is literally a foodies heaven! With Turkey being the tradition for Thanksgiving, I had to give you guys my easy, fool proof Grilled Turkey recipe that even the biggest Turkey hater would Love! This recipe is not only easy to make but also packs tons of Flavor. My signature Hawaiian Alaea Sea Salt Blend provides all the seasoning needed for this recipe! Go to my shop page to order yours today!
When making my Grilled Turkey, I’ll make sure my Turkey is defrosted 3 days prior to cooking. 2 Days Prior, I’ll season it and allow it to sit in the seasoning for 2 days. Every year I put my turkey on the grill and then finish it in the Oven. Doing this elevates the Turkey by adding so smoke flavor to it. In the end, I always end up with a tender, juicy, oh so delicious Turkey that packs tons flavor of personality!
I hope y’all enjoy this recipe from my Kitchen to yours! Leave comments and post pictures in the comment section on how yours turned out!
12 Pound Turkey
1/2 cup Miahjay’s Hawaiian Alaea Sea Salt Blend (www.miahjay.com/shop/)
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
Mesquite Wood chips
- On a cutting board, place fully defrosted Turkey breast side down. Using kitchen shears or a knife, Cut all the way up the back.
- Flip the turkey over. Apply pressure to flatten the turkey down.
- Massage the olive oil all over the whole Turkey.
- Sprinkle the Hawaiian Alaea Sea Salt Blend over the whole turkey making sure to Massage the seasoning in while doing so.
- Place on a baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in refrigerator for up to 2 days before cooking.
- Place wood chips in water to soak. On a charcoal Grill, light coals. Let fluid burn off. Add wood chips to the coal (wood chips only, NO WATER). Using the grill themometer, make sure the temp is around 375 degrees.
- Place the turkey on the grill not directly over the coals if possible.
- Let cook for about 30 minutes on each side. Checking every 5 minutes to make sure the Turkeys not browning to fast. Pre-Heat oven to 375.
- Remove Turkey from the Grill, place on a shallow baking pan or turkey roaster.
- Cover in foil. Place in the oven and let cook for an additional 2 hours.
- Remove the foil and cook for an additional 30 minutes uncovered so the skin can brown and become crispy. Use a thermometer to make sure the internal temperature is around 165 degrees.
- When the Turkey is done, remove from the oven and allow it to stand for 20-30 minutes before Carving.