Crinkle Cookies and the Holidays go hand and hand! As delicious as chocolate crinkle cookies may be alone, adding cream cheese takes these babies to a totally different delicious cookie level! Get into the recipe below and enjoy!
Cream Cheese Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
For the filling
1 pack of cream Cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup of sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Mix Cream cheese in a bowl until smooth.
- Add Sugar and mix well
- Add vanilla extract
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop into balls. Place on a cookie sheet. Put into freeze for 2 hours, overnight or until firm.
For the Cookies
4 Oz Chocolate, chopped finely
1/4 Cup Veg Oil
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
2tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Fine Salt
2 Cups Granulated Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
4 Large Eggs
1 Cup of Powdered Sugar
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Place aside
- In a sauce pan on medium low heat, melt together Chocolate and oil.
- Pour mature into a mixing bowl and add the sugar. Mix well until combined (about 2 minutes)
- Add the vanilla and Eggs 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition
- Add the flour and mix. for about 2 1/2 minutes
- Cover bowl with plastic and refrigerate for 2 hour or over night
- Preheat oven to 350
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop batter, place the frozen cream cheese ball in the middle. Add another scoop on top. Cover the cream cheese completed. Form a ball.
- Roll in the powdered sugar. Place in pan. Repeat
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Let cool and enjoy!