Every Holiday Season my Aunt Alice used to make the most tasty Rainbow Pound Cakes! I was extremely happy when she passed the recipe on to me so I could make it for my family and have it become a Holiday tradition in my home. This cake is easy to make and each color contains a different flavor that comes together for an overall delightful experience on your tongue! You can find the full Recipe below, enjoy!
After the batter is made, split into four bowls. Add one color and a flavor (extract) of your choice to each bowl.
When Pouring into the Pan, layer with green, then yellow, then red. Place blue on the top.
After baking in the oven on 325 for an hour or so, let the cake cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before removing and icing.
Rainbow Pound Cake
3 Cups All Purpose Flour
3 Cups Sugar
1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
3 Sticks of Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
1 Pint whipping cream
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Almond Extract
1 tsp Lemon Extract
1 tsp Butter Extract
1 tsp Rum Extract
4 1oz food color variations of your choice
- Sift together flour and salt, place aside
- In a Large Mixing bowl, cream butter and Sugar together until combined.
- Add an egg, one by one making sure to mix fully between each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Alternate between adding the whipping cream and flour.
- Mix well
- Separate batter into 4 different bowls.
- Add a different color 1 oz food coloring and 1 of the about extracts to each bowl.
- Pour into bundt pan one by one.
- Place in cold oven. Turn oven on 325 and bake for an hour to and hour and fifteen minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with any glaze of your choice.