Seafood Mac & Cheese
1 Pound Large, Peeled Shrimp
1 Cup Lump Crab Meat
1 Lb Elbow Macaroni
2 Quarts Half & Half
3 TB Flour
1/2 Cup Butter
1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
2 Garlic Cloves, Finely Chopped
1 Cup Grana Padona Cheese, Shredded
1/2 Cup Fontinella Cheese, Shredded
1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
1/2 Cup Colby Jack Cheese, Shredded
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Shredded
1 Cup Medium Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
1 tsp Kosher Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
Chopped Parsley for garnish
- Boil Macaroni according to package directions.
- Melt Butter in a large pot. Add Onion and Garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes or util soft and translucent.
- Stir in flour and let cook for a couple minutes to remove flour taste
- Add Half and Half. Let simmer and thicken. About 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add Grana Padona, Fontinella, Sharp and half the Parmesan. Mix well
- Stir in Salt, Pepper and Macaroni
- In a glass baking dish, pour half the Mixure then top with the Colby Jack Cheese.
- Pour the rest of the mixture and then top with the remaining Parmesan.
- Sprinkle the Crab meat over top. Then place the raw Shrimp over the Top
- Top with the Remaining Medium Cheese. Cover with Foil
- Bake on 375 for about 35 minutes or until bubbly and brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool for about 2 minutes. Toss with Fresh chopped Parsley