One of my absolute all time favorite dishes I’ve discovered during my time living in here in Hawaii would be….lilikoi cheesecake! So why not mix this new favorite desert of mine with one of breakfast favorites, pancakes? Lilikoi is the Hawaiian term for passion fruit so if you can’t find passion fruit jelly, guava jelly can serve as a great substitute! If you are a cream cheese lover, you’ll definitely love this recipe. Click the play button on the video below to watch me make this!
Lilikoi(passionfruit) Cheesecake Pancakes
For the Pancakes
2 Cups of Self Rising Flour
1 Cup Half and Half
3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 Cup Water
1 Tb Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Rum Extract
1 tsp Butter Extract
1/2 Cup Roasted Chopped Macadamia Nuts
2 Tb Spoon Passion Fruit Jelly
For the Cream Cheese Topping
8 oz of Cream Cheese
2 Tb of hot Passion Fruit (lilikoi) Jelly
- Whisk flour, half and half, vegetable oil, water and egg together in a large mixing bowl for about 5 minutes or until thoroughly combined. Mixture should be a little thick but if too thick add more water.
- Add vanilla, rum and butter extract. Mix an additional minute.
- Set aside to let sit for 10 minutes. While sitting, in a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese. Add the hot jelly and the lemon juice and place aside.
- On a hot griddle, spoon desired amount of pancake batter onto the Hot Griddle. Let cook on each side for 1 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Starting with 1 Pancake, Spoon a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture into the center of the pancake, smash the next pancake down on top of it. Repeat until you have a four stack and then spread more of the cream cheese mixture on top.
- Sprinkle on chopped roasted macadamia nuts and sprinkle with more hot jelly. Serve.