Nope I don’t consider myself to be vegan, I just enjoy being able to have some of my favorite dishes, meals and in this case…desserts “Guilt Free”! And why? Because when you know better, you do better. On my Journey to an overall “healthier” lifestyle, I have been able to still eat my favorites by just substituting and swopping out the bad for the good.
My mini Vegan Chocolate cakes take only about 20 minutes to make. 5 for prep and 15 minutes total oven cook time. In place of regular flour I use Almond Flour and an egg substitute for real eggs. You should be able to find these ingredients at your local health food store.
This recipe is perfect to make with your kids. My kids absolutely enjoy not only eating it but being able to help make it as well. I was able to have my girls in the kitchen with me as I made this dish on my youtube channel. So be sure to check it out. You can find the full recipe below. Happy Cooking!
Mini Vegan Chocolate Cakes
1/2 Cup Almond Flour
2 TB Honey
1 1/2 Chocolate Baking Bar (60% Chocolate)
4 Tb Butter Flavored Coconut Oil
1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Rum
1/2 tsp imitation Butter Flavor
- Preheat Oven to 375.
- In a medium mixing bowl, Break up bar of chocolate and add 4 Tb of the butter flavored coconut oil.
- Heat a medium pot of water up on the stove and place the glass bowl into the pot.
- Stir the chocolate and oil together until melted and remove from the pot, pour a Table spoon of the mixture into another bowl for drizzle at the end and set aside.
- In a Large mixing bowl add the almond flour and salt. Mix well then add the melted chocolate mixture, honey, rum, vanilla extract, egg alternative, and imitation butter.
- Mix for an additional 2 minutes. The batter should be thick.
- Divide the mixture into 2 ramekins.
- Top with Pecans if you choose.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the ramekins.
- Drizzle the remaining reserved melted chocolate.
- Top with any fresh fruit of your choice and serve.